SHEQ Policy and
Occupational Health & Safety
We are committed to providing excellent services to our clients by driving quality, efficiency and safety. We value leaderships, professionalism, high standards, integrity, good communication, commitment and teamwork.
Safety, health and protection of our employees and environment forms an integral part of our planning and decision making. We invest in our employees through the continual promotion of high standards and ongoing training and development at all levels within the organization in order to meet and adhere to the requirements of the SHEQ policy. It is our goal in terms of this policy to reduce work related injuries and to strive for Zero incidents to our employees and the environment.
- RESPONSIBLE CARE
- Pelchem is signatory to the International Responsible Care initiative as administered by the Chemical and Allied Industry Association (CAIA) of South Africa. Responsible Care® is the global chemical industry’s environmental, health and safety (EHS) initiative to drive continuous improvement in performance and sustainability throughout the product life cycle, and requires adopting cooperative and voluntary initiatives of performance beyond legislative and regulatory compliance to build confidence and trust in the chemical industry that is essential to improving living standards and the quality of life.
- Click here to download RC Certificate 2015
- COMPRESSED GAS ASSOCIATION (CGA)
- Pelchem is a member of The Compressed Gas Association, dedicated to the development and promotion of safety standards and safe practices in the industrial gas industry.
- CHEMICAL AND ALLIED INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION (CAIA)
- Pelchem is a member of CAIA of South Africa and signatory to the International Responsible Care initiative. In 1994, CAIA launched Responsible Care in South Africa to respond to public concerns about the manufacture, storage, transport, use, and disposal of chemicals.
- Click here to download CAIA Pledge
- HF INDUSTRY PRACTICES INSTITUTE (HFIPI)
- Pelchem is a subscriber to technical and safety publications from the HF Industry Practices Institute (HFIPI) of USA. HFIPI develops and publishes recommended practices specific to the Hydrogen Fluoride (HF) Industry. HFIPI members recognize that sustaining the safety record for HF depends on active dissemination of technologies and the continual education of the entire industry.
- COMITE TECHNIQUE EUROPEAN DU FLUOR (CTEF)
- Pelchem is a subscriber to publications of CTEF, the European working group on safety, transport and storage of Hydrogen Fluoride. CTEF represents the major producers and users of hydrogen fluoride and fluoride chemicals in Europe.
- THE RESPONSIBLE PACKAGING MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHERN AFRICA (RPMASA)
- Pelchem is a patron member of The Responsible Packaging Management Association of Southern Africa (RPMASA), a non-profit organization with its focus on promoting safe packaging in the chemical and petrochemical industries. RPMASA is part of an International network of similar organisations and Africa’s only Industry representative to the UN Committee of Experts for Transport of Dangerous Goods and GHS.
Quality and Safety
- SAFETY HEALTH AND ENVIROMENTAL (SHE)
- Click here to view our Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Policy
- Pelchem adheres to the Necsa SHEQ system which is based on OSHAS 18001:2011 Pelchem is an ISO 14001:2004 certified company.
- Click here to download PELCHEM ISO 14001-2004 Certificate
- BEHAVIOUR BASED SAFETY
- Pelchem employs a pro-active safety program PEARL (Pelchem Eliminating Accidents and Risks for Life) through task observations to reduce at risk behaviours and entrench a culture of safety.